Being a mom can seem like the hardest job on the planet. Motherhood is mind-blowing, humbling, hysterical, and often terrifying. Yoga is probably the last on your to-do list when you’ve got kids but, trust me, it should be the first.
It wasn’t until I became a parent that I truly realized how yoga helps ground me and keep me sane. Are you a yogi mama? Can you identify with these inspiring lessons?
1. Yoga Taught Me To Trust Myself – I’m Doing The Best I Can For My Family
2. I Learnt How To Be Soft At Times And Strong At Others
3. And That Listening Really Is A Skill – Yoga Helps Me To Not Tune-Out
4. I Discovered How To Stay Open When Things Get Tough
5. Patience, Patience, Patience…
6. And How To Be Less Reactive And More Responsive (Most Of The Time)
7. I found Out How To Be In The Moment To Find The Humor And The Love (Even When You’re Covered In Spit-Up Or Drowning In Lego)
8. Practicing Yoga Together Is Perfect Bonding Time
9. This Too Shall Pass… The Bad Times Don’t Last Forever, Just Like The Toughest Poses
10. And, Finally, You Don’t Have To Be Perfect. Just Show Up To The Mat
You may not find the time, as a mom, to spend 90 minutes on the mat, six days a week. But you can be sure that when you do get to practice, you are truly grateful. Yoga helps make motherhood a little less like a battlefield and a lot more like a blessing.Image credit: The Mom In Me