My profession is Love Alchemist. My dharma is Love. I have dedicated my life to inspiring more love in the world by leading transformational retreats worldwide focused on the Alchemy of Love, and presenting workshops at conferences like “All You Need is Love.” I teach love.
When I am often asked ‘what is the hardest pose in yoga?’ I respond this way, “self-love, is the hardest ‘pose’ we do.” The truth is, falling in love with ourselves is easy. Staying in love with ourselves is why we practice strengthening our heart chakra.
Love and Our Heart Chakra
Our spirit is located in our heart chakra and our spirit is nothing but love. Its ruling planet is Venus, which represents beauty, art, love, and inspiration. A well-functioning Venus energy helps us to feel in harmony and maintain balance between self-love and shared love. When we feel identified with our spirit, our heart opens.
Here are some of my all-time favorite quotes about love to inspire different forms of love in all ways.
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” — Rumi
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
- “Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” — Leo Buscaglia
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
- “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
- “Love is a friendship set to music.” — Joseph Campbell
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” — Wayne Dyer
- “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles Schulz
- “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
- “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” — Andre Breton
- “Love is a better teacher than duty.” — Albert Einstein
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” — Henry Miller
- “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” — Albert Ellis
- “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “The giving of love is an education in itself.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” — Erich Segal
- “Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.” — James Thurber
- “The best proof of love is trust.” — Joyce Brothers
- “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” — Elbert Hubbard
- “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.” — Carl Sagan
The energy of pure love that is awakened within the home of our heart blossoms out to touch our surroundings and sparks love within the people around us. In other words, the more we love ourselves, the more contagious our love becomes.
There is no more sacred alchemy than growing the capacity to love ourselves, love our day and love our lives!