What could be better than a good home yoga practice? A good home yoga practice with dogs, obviously. Dogs make everything better, but as these Instagrammers prove, that goes double for yoga.
Whether it means doing Downward Dog with your pup or simply drawing inspiration from their canine Zen, dogs are clearly a yogi’s best friend. Here are 21 photos of yogis with their dogs to make you smile and maybe inspire your next practice. 😉
1. You know Adriene from YouTube. But do you know her dog?
You should. His name is Benji and he’s adorable.
2. Pups make the greatest props.
No yoga block? No problem. Use your fluffy friend instead.
3. Handstands = perfect for puppy kisses.
Taylor Harkness’s dog, Jake, knows what’s up—which is not his dad’s face, because that’s right at tongue-level.
4. No one does a downward dog like an actual dog.
I mean, there’s a reason they named it that.
5. What goes downward must go upward.
Take notes, human.
6. Kathryn Budig loves taking yoga photos. Her dog, Ashi? Not so much.
And yet he still totally steals the spotlight.
7. Happiness is a warm puppy (who will cuddle with you during Savasana).
What's not to love about Savasana? Oh, the fact that it doesn't usually involve puppies. Problem solved.
8. TFW your dog crashes your yoga session. . .
. . . but your dog is so cute that you can’t even be mad.
9. This dog’s name is Inca, and she thinks you should look at her, not her mom.
And she's right. That's a nice Marichyasana pose, but nothing competes with that fluffy face.
10. The only thing better than yoga with a dog? Yoga with TWO dogs.
All the giggling you’re sure to do will help build extra core strength.
11. Dogs are great yoga coaches.
Look how much she’s improved under his tutelage.
12. Partner yoga? Better when your partner is a pup.
For all those dogs who’ve ever dreamed of flying.
13. This is definitely your dog’s favorite pose.
“Now just mindfully place the treat on my tongue. . .”
14. These are some serious backbend goals.
Someone give this dog a treat, already!
15. Yoga twist. Ur doin it rite.
That’s not the exact pose, Max, but close enough.
16. One of them is learning a new trick.
But who’s teaching who?
17. Someone is not taking this session seriously.
But who said yoga needed to be serious, anyway?
18. When your dog becomes your Drishti.
Developing concentrated intention has never been so cute.
19. Your dog calls this one "Who’s A Good Boy?" pose.
You’re a good boy, Moki. You’re a good boy.
20. Some dogs just can’t get enough yoga.
Pancho always has yoga on his mind.
21. Don’t forget to smile!
Let’s be honest, if you’re practicing yoga with your dog, you probably don’t have a choice.
Image credit: Cetin Cetintas