Vinyasa yoga, marked by it’s flowing, fast-paced movements, has a dedicated following of yogis. Unlike the other varieties of the practice, Vinyasa style classes keep students moving through a series of poses, done on each side, connected with a “Vinyasa.” Poses are held for a shorter period of time and each class is different than the last.
Like any other style, Vinyasa yogis have their quirks, ones that will give are a dead giveaway to the style of their practice.
Here are 13 signs you're into Vinyasa yoga.
1. You Like to Keep Things Moving
You don’t like sitting still or waiting for things to happen.
2. You Don’t Like Doing the Same Thing Twice
To you, variety is the spice of life.
3. When You’re Listening to Music in the Car, You Think How Great This Song Would be to “Flow To”
4. You Have a Tattoo of the Moon Cycles on Your Forearm, Leg, or Side of Your Abs
5. You Say Things Like, “The Universe Has My Back.”
6. You No Longer Fear the Word Chaturanga — You Actually Look Forward to It.
7. You Know That the Transition is Just as Important as the Pose
And you’ll use that tidbit as advice for your yogi friends.
8. And You’re Always Working on a New Transition
Because just getting into Crow Pose isn’t enough.
9. You’ve Started to Match Your Breath to Everything You Do
Walking, lifting weights, eating — you’re inhaling in the good and exhaling out the bad all day.
10. When You Look up at the Sun, You Think “I Should be Doing Sun Salutations Right Now.”
11. The Word “Floating” Has Nothing to do With Being in Water
You’re a pro at floating your feet up between your hands.
12. The Right Side of Your Body is Stronger Than the Left
Because you’re just too tired to hold that last Warrior III on the left side… every time.
13. When the Teacher Forgets a Pose on One Side But Your Body Automatically Went There Anyway, You Know You’re a Well Trained Vinyasa Yogi.
What about all you Vinyasa lovers? Which of these signs you're into Vinyasa yoga resonated with you? Share with us in the comments below!