Remember the first time, when you were in love with your yoga routine so completely you’d do anything not to skip practice? What happened? Now it’s more of a chore than inspiration. Yoga is evolution – what works one week may not suit your body and mind the next.
Here are 10 clues you need to change your yoga routine, class, teacher, or style:
1. You Start Thinking About Your Tax Return Mid-Class
2. You’re Doing More Sleeping Than Shavasana
3. Yoga is Beginning to Feel Like a Chore
4. You Can’t Wait Until End Of Class To Check Your Facebook
5. Anti-Gravity Yoga Anyone? Maybe It’s Time To Go Back To The Basics
6. You Feel More Exhausted After Practice Than You Did Before
7. And When Someone Asks You What You Love About Yoga, You Can’t Think Of Anything To Answer (Hmmmm…The Studio Is Next To A Great Coffee Shop?)
8. You’re More Interested In Collecting One Mat In Every Color Than You Are In The Actual Class
9. You Can’t Remember The Last Time You Felt Challenged Or Inspired
10. You Haven’t Created A Special Place For Yoga In Your Life
Sometimes it just takes a slight shift to renew your love for yoga. But remember that boredom, distraction and irritation are important parts of the yoga process. Acknowledging and accepting your blocks allows you to move past the superficial and go deeper into your yoga practice.