Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Blessed Kwanza, and Season’s Greetings; anyway you say it these are terms of endearment and special blessings this time of year. The Holiday season is here and it can illicit lots of stress, anxiety and pressure. So for a moment, let’s set aside all the buying, rushing, cleaning and stressing and sit quiet for just a moment. You can do it. You have the time and it’s very important.
Now as you inhale think “being” as you exhale think “peaceful.” Do it at least three times before you continue reading. You feel better already don’t you? It can be that easy. Do you want to feel more joy? Start thinking of the things that you are grateful for. People who observe gratitude are among the happiest people in the world.
What are YOU grateful for? Make a list. Here is mine:
- I am grateful for my family with all it’s craziness and drama. It keeps my life interesting and gives me oodles of opportunities to practice my yoga.
- I am grateful for my children. They know the simplicity of joy. The small things in life make them so happy.
- I am grateful for my health. I am fortunate to wake up every morning and be able to walk, breathe and experience my life through this body.
- I am grateful for my friends who love me unconditionally
- I am grateful for all my experiences, both good and bad. They all contribute to the person I am today.
- I am grateful for free speech and free expression. The right to speak my mind without persecution from authorities.
- I am grateful for my country. I love being Canadian where you are free to marry who you love in all provinces; universal healthcare that allows me to have my own business and not worry that becoming sick will bankrupt my family.
- I am grateful for snow.
- I am grateful we live in a world where we are diverse. We all can celebrate our own uniqueness.
- I am grateful for my yoga practice. It allows me to simply be breath and pure consciousness.
In this abundant life, what are you grateful for?