If you are a lightworker, a spiritual being, or just really into astrology (or are a big fan of Danielle LaPorte), you've probably heard of Mercury Retrograde before.
Why Nothing is Working
Few things can turn the universe into a ballistic bubble like Mercury in retrograde. This planet rules communication, clear thinking, truth, and travel, so when the planet goes retrograde odd things that may happen.
Contact lists may disappear, everyone is really angry, traffic sucks, and your website just won’t work. Plans change without warning and your date dumps you for no apparent reason. Such things test the patience of even those with the most Zen.
As you may know, Mercury is retrograde from May 19th to June 11th 2015. What this means is that Mercury passes earth in its orbit, appearing to stop (station) and spin backward (retrograde). At this time, things go backwards in our lives, so it’s always safer not to start something new during this time. The best bet is to review, repeat, and pause before committing to anything. And of course, be prepared to have technology go completely MIA on you.
Mercury Retrograde for Survivors
This may sound like the time to book that last minute flight to Mallorca. If you're not prepared, it can be a challenging time, especially as it’s really hard to understand why everyone is suddenly so tense.
However, Mercury retrograde is a great opportunity to handle unfinished business. As the retrograde encourages us to review our path, we can use it to create a clearer vision for the future and review our progress. While retrograde tends to be a time many of us dread, instead of allowing it to work against us, we can make it work for us by practicing mindfulness and to stay balanced.
Come back to your gratitude list, your vision board, and your universe jar. Return to anything that will help you be more mindful and aware.
In the meantime, here are a few dos and don’ts from the retrograde that I learnt since the 19th of May.
- Double-check your appointments, meetings, and phone calls.
- Review your own performance and that of people around you.
- Leave really early for your appointment, especially if it involves an underground or bus routes.
- Don’t overreact to outside suggestions and advice. Always ask for clarification.
- Don’t shoot the messenger, especially if it’s a taxi driver stuck in traffic.
- Back up everything and check that your online website, emails, and devices work fine.
- Pay attention to what you sign, as it may be tricky to tell how it will impact your choices in your work life.
There's no need to dread the retrograde; just proceed with caution, peace, and gratitude. Are you seeing any effects of the current retrograde in your life? Do you have special tips? Share in the comment section below!