Has your “OM”-ing been growing a bit stale? If you’re looking for something new to chant besides the standard yogic mantras…no problem! Why not take inspiration from your favorite TV show or movie?
Try it out for yourself. Sometimes the best mantras aren’t passed down from sage to sage, but rather from the characters we connect with the most.
Meditating can be tricky, there’s no doubt about it. If you’re looking to find focus, you could give the free 30 Day Meditation Challenge a try! It will help get you into a good daily routine that you can rely on.
Here are 27 pop culture quotes that could be your new mantra!
1. “I’m king of the world!” – Titanic
‘Cause really, you are.
2. “May the Force be with you.” – Star Wars
It’s almost like Namaste, right?
3. “There’s no place like home.” – The Wizard of Oz
And there’s no place like your yoga mat!
4. “I’ll be back.” – Terminator
Tomorrow… for more yoga.
5. “Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends.” – It’s a Wonderful Life
True, isn’t it?
6. “Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” – Casablanca
With yoga! What more could you ask for in a friend?
7. “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!” – Back to the Future
All you need is the road to your inner self.
8. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Gladiator
So why not try to be your absolute best self?
9. “Hakuna Matata… it means no worries!” – The Lion King
Sounds like the absolute best mantra to us!
10. “Every man dies, not every man really lives.” – Braveheart
So get out there and live life to the absolute fullest!
11. “I think there’s just one kinda folks. Folks.” – To Kill a Mockingbird
Isn’t that it, really?
12. “Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating.” – Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Take a break from talking with others all the time, and try to find new ways to connect and communicate with them.
13. “Make ’em laugh!” – Singin’ in the Rain
When all else fails… a smile can always help!
14. “You’ve got a friend in me.” – Toy Story
Try to be a friend to everyone you meet, and see how it can change your life.
15. “That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.” – Up
Embrace every moment, even the boring ones. You never know what will stand out the most further down the road.
16. “Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.” – Chinatown
When you absolutely can’t change things, don’t waste your precious energy trying to do so. Just let things be, and take it from there.
17. “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!” – Finding Nemo
When the going gets tough… just keep swimming!
18. “As you wish.” – The Princess Bride
Follow your heart, pursue your dreams, and do as you wish.
19. “A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies.” – Annie Hall
This applies to any relationship. The one you have with yourself, your friends, your family, and yes, your yoga mat. So keep moving forward and growing!
20. “Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.” – Good Will Hunting
Sounds like something right out of a yoga class! Think about this, and see how it is in your life. Do you feel real loss when it comes to objects, or when it comes to the people in your life?
21. “The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t. But, in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into and sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.” – Sex and the City
Pretty self explanatory, no? So go out and find your tribe!
22. “We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.” – The Breakfast Club
Always remember, everyone has their stuff.
23. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
So stop and smell the roses once in a while!
24. “Smiling’s my favorite!” – Elf
Why not make it your favorite, too?
25. “To thine own self be true.” – Hamlet
This one’s been in the pop culture rotation for, oh… about 400 years. But it’s still completely relevant today!
26. “All you need is love.” – The Beatles
Isn’t it, though?
27. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” – Dead Poets Society
Go out and do just that!
What pop culture quote will you be taking as your new mantra? Is there one you think we’ve left out? Share with us in the comments below!