When it comes to matters of the heart, there are plenty of inspirational resources to look to for words of wisdom and even guidance.
We're talking about people's experiences and insights that make you internally nod in understanding, open your eyes to a new perspective or change the way you act, think or speak.
Some bring tears to your eyes in nostalgia and others overwhelm your heart with the love you have for another being of kind. Here are just a few yogic quotes about love to melt your heart, inspire your mind, and make your soul swoon.
- “Don’t move the way fear makes you move. Move the way love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move.” ~ Osho
- “You are the sky, everything else is just the weather.” ~ Pema Chodron
- ”I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~ Gandhi
- “Have only love in your heart for others. The more you see the good in them, the more you will establish good in yourself…” ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu.May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all.” ~ Yoga Sutra of Patanjali Jois
- “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.” ~ Ivan Panin
- “Each of us is a lake of love, yet strangely enough, we are all thirsty.” ~ Swami Kripalu
- “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ~ Buddha
- “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” ~Andre Breton
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “The more one judges, the less one loves.” ~ Honore de Balzac.
Words can be interpreted many, many ways and these quotes are no different. Each of us has a different list of experiences to base our perception on. One sentence can mean more to you then it does to me, and vice-versa, but the same underlying truth seems to bare through in all of us.
Yoga is one of many paths to find happiness. Where there is happiness, there is love for another being — whether it is your soul mate, your sibling, your child, your best friend, animal companion or even a stranger.
Where there is happiness there is love. Namaste, yogis.